Published: March 13, 2020
We are reaching out to inform you that the Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians is closely monitoring the current situation regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19). Since the outbreak in Washington State, Stillaguamish Tribal leadership has met regularly to address plans, issues and questions arising from this virus. Each Day brings new developments related to Covid-19 and our hearts go out to those who have been impacted.
Beyond monitoring, The Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians is actively implementing heightened safety and sanitation procedures throughout our organization, following the guidance set by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Tribal health organizations. These additional measures include but are not limited to:
- Implementing social distancing for employees, vendors and business partners
- Increasing sanitizing efforts in high-touch areas of our facilities
- Providing guidance to staff and community members on personal protective measures (e.g. hand washing)
- Increasing the availability of hand-sanitizer for all employees and visitors
- Postponing or canceling non-essential work travel and work-related gatherings
- Schedule adjustments or cancelations for Angel of The Winds Casino events exceeding 250 individuals
- Ensuring flexible leave policies so employees stay home if they are sick
The Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians is committed to the health and safety of its Tribal Members, employees and community. Our organization and leadership will continue monitoring all available facts and updates from federal, state, and tribal agencies to help us identify a path through this rapidly evolving situation. We will adopt and refine plans to do our part to slow the spread of Covid-19 in our community, while minimizing the disruption to our employees, operations and Tribal services.
For more information on Covid-19, please visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Stillaguamish Tribe of Indians